Help with a Federal Agency

One of the most important things I do as your U.S. Representative is help you with federal problems. Although I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, I can often intervene on a person's behalf to answer questions, find solutions, or just cut through the red tape.

If your problem is with a federal agency, my office can provide help and guidance.

Some of the federal agencies I can help you with include:

• Internal Revenue Service
• Social Security Administration
• Veterans Administration
• Postal Service
• Medicare
• Passport Service
• State Department – Visas
• Department of Education

If you would like assistance with any federal agency, you must first fill out and submit a privacy authorization form to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act. Please download this printable version of the privacy authorization form and then fax or mail it to either my Rome or Dalton office using the contact information provided on the form.

While my office has the power to assist you in working with an agency, I do not have jurisdiction over judicial matters, which involve the courts. Examples of judicial matters include divorce, child custody and criminal trials.

Federal Government Links