Garrett Hawkins 202-225-5211
Rep. Tom Graves Marks President Trump’s 100th Day
Washington, Apr 28 -
Rep. Tom Graves (R-GA-14) issued the following statement marking President Trump’s 100th day in office, which is tomorrow, Saturday, April 29:
“Despite what you might hear from the media, President Trump and the Republican Congress accomplished big things for the American people over the last 100 days. We cut spending, repealed regulations, stepped up the fight against the Islamic State and restored the balance of the Supreme Court. The best part: this is just the beginning. I can’t wait to report many more achievements over the coming months.”
The highlights of the last 100 days include:
- Since President Trump took office, Congress passed and the president signed 28 bills into law. That equals out to a bill being signed into law every three days.
- Of those, 13 were passed using a special process under the Congressional Review Act, known as CRAs. Before Donald Trump became president, only one CRA had ever become law.
- CRAs are used to stop harmful regulations put in place by the previous administration at the last minute. Here are a few of the Obama administration rules that were repealed:
- A rule that barred Georgia and other states from defunding Planned Parenthood;
- A rule that could have eliminated one-third of coal mining jobs;
- And a rule that would have made it harder for some law-abiding seniors to exercise their Second Amendment rights.
- Between the CRAs and actions President Trump has taken on his own, taxpayers were already saved more than $86 billion in regulatory costs, according to the American Action Forum.
- President Trump nominated and the Senate confirmed a new Supreme Court Justice, Neil Gorsuch, who is a conservative replacement for Justice Scalia.
- Despite Senate Democrats doing everything possible to take down President Trump’s nominees, the Senate has still confirmed 25 nominees, including Secretary Tom Price and Secretary Sonny Perdue.
- President Trump has also kept his promise to step up the fight against the Islamic State and evil around the globe, including dropping the “Mother Of All Bombs” on Islamic State fighters in Afghanistan and launching 59 cruise missiles against Assad for his horrific war crimes.
- President Trump presented a plan to secure the border, including requesting proposals for construction of the border wall and hiring additional border patrol agents.
- President Trump requested an additional $30 billion to strengthen the military and secure the border.
- President Trump introduced a plan to cut taxes for all Americans and simplify the tax code.